Part-Time Program Assistant Position Available with the Green Hevra
The Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life (COEJL) has been selected by peer organizations to serve as administrator of the Green Hevra, a new network of Jewish environmental organizations working together to further define and build the field. We are seeking a part-time program assistant in COEJL’s New York office who will report to COEJL’s Director and work with the Green Hevra stewardship (steering) committee. The position is currently funded for $8600 for this year (2012).
The Green Hevra
a network of 15 Jewish environmental organizations focused on defining and strengthening the Jewish environmental movement and developing strategic opportunities for breakthrough environmental results in the Jewish community and beyond. COEJL’s
mission is to deepen and broaden the Jewish community’s commitment to stewardship and the protection of the Earth through outreach, activism and Jewish learning. Since 1993, COEJL has been an initiative at the Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA).
The program assistant will work 16 hours a week and attend two retreats. The position combines administrative skills with substantive knowledge and judgment. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing logistics for two major retreats, including invitations and attendance, food and housing, transportation (if needed), and other tasks as needed
- Attending retreats
- Facilitating communication among committees and within the whole group
- Taking notes during meetings and helping identify and designate tasks for follow-up
- Creating relevant meeting documentation and assigning related post-meeting follow-up
- Managing the Green Hevra membership roster and listserv
- Scheduling phone and in-person meetings, and securing attendance
- Managing reimbursement and receipts
By staffing the Green Hevra, the program assistant will gain:
- Exposure to network creation and field development in the Jewish environmental sector
- The opportunity to network with staff from 15 core Jewish environmental organizations
- The opportunity to engage with COEJL and JCPA staff
Be extremely well organized; have effective writing and interpersonal skills; work well under pressure; be able to work independently while knowing when to consult others for direction; know Microsoft Office and social media programs; and, demonstrate an understanding of Jewish and environmental issues.
To apply, please write “Green Hevra” in the subject line, and send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to: Sybil Sanchez, Chair, Green Hevra at email@example.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink